Friday, November 19, 2010

Tyclops of Wrecking Crew


                                                 Reverbnation.com/wreckingcrew
First Tracks: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=635250
   
     Tyclops.  One word. Sick. This cat came rapping right out of the womb.  Hell, he probably had a few mixtapes done before he was even born.  One of the most inspirational rappers around here as far as going from nothing to something.  If you don't believe this, just check out his first couple of songs.  This dude isn't just a rapper, he's a straight up entertainer.  He does nothing but light up rooms and take names and numbers while doing it.  One of the freshest cats in the 608, Tyclops is currently working on becoming bigger, better, and more creative than ever.  People hate, and he knows this, but he keeps coming out with more dope music.  Consistency in this business is a must.  Gotta say this guy right here is a character, simply one of La Crosse's best.  I had a few moments to sit down with Tyclops, and ask him a few questions..
  
Why did you start rapping?
     I started making music because it was in my blood. My brother Ryan was in a hip hop group in the early nineties which some might know as 3rd Moon To Neptune along with his friend Mike Glenn. If it wasn’t for Mike Glenn Ryan wouldn’t have started making music and most likely I wouldn’t have either.   
When did you start rapping?
      I made a tape with my brother Wade back when I was 5 and he was 7. We didn’t really want to but my brothers Ryan and Mike thought it would be funny to record us. So they named the tape after the rap names they had given us Wade was Hoodie and I was Beast. I haven’t heard it since I was about 6 so I don’t remember it much because the tape is M.I.A. It would be interesting to see how it sounds today. I then re-started when I was 16 doing a song with my brother Ryan titled Bleeder. But do to me not having any time and recording equipment of my own I then stopped. I then picked up at the age of 18 where I would just do it for fun as I would pre-game for a party with my friend Eroc. We then started a group titled Wrecking Crew and the rest is history. Added Mr. Clutch himself Ken Rolex ( Wade ) into The Wrecking Crew back in 2007 and Mercenary in middle 2010. Wrecking Crew is a powerhouse hip hop group in La Crosse if you don’t believe ask your mother.
Who is your biggest influence in the rap game?
     I would have to say Drunkards From Hell. If it wasn't for them i would have never started making music. We(Rolex & I) always wanted to make music and they made it reality for us. And I appreciate everything they have done for me. Giving me my first software for recording.
Tupac or Biggie?
     Biggie but Tupac is still a influence to me. I watched a Tupac biography last week actually. Biggie is iller then ill and i love how he talks about real life struggles. I got all of his cd's and still bump them almost everyday. They are both legends in the worlds eyes.  Big Pun, Big L, Tupac and Biggie Rest in peace.




If you could collaborate with one famous rapper who would it be, and why?
     I would have to say Krs One he is The Teacher and he is one of my biggest influences. I think that we could make some good shit actually. Hopefully i get that oppurtunity one day. With Eminem in a close second.

 How has this town (La Crosse) influenced the way you rap?
     I would have to say beating up a big portion of the city of La Crosse has influenced me in many ways lol. Although those days are behind me which is a good thing for alot of people out there. I also think that it has influenced me to stay true to myself and my music and not to live a lie and make music about that.

 Where would you label your style of hip-hop, and why? 

     I would have to say i am raising my flow and my lyrics are all coming together better and my voice is a little more raspyer then the norm i would have to label it in the East Coast since about 90% of my influences are from the East Coast. Vinnie Paz kind of music.
 What do we have next in store for Tyclops? 
     We have a mixtape titled Feedback with the infamous Ken Rolex and the upcoming local artist Dp Da Prince. I am very impressed how it sounds already and were only on song 5. Then Wrecking Crew is going to release our first cd/mixtape in 3 years lol. I also have a solo cd/mixtape coming out in 2011 titled Lyrically Mad!

Shoutouts: 
     I would like to shout out to Drunkards From Hell, Tez and the whole Trill Life, Dp Da Prince, The 608,The Kings, King Famine with his sick ass beats, T-Hen,and Cutty Currency, and Wrecking Crew members such as Mercenary, Eroc, Ken Rolex, and you Quinn. You guys inspire me to keep this music up because you guys all bring the fire as well. Special Thanks to Quinn for interviewing a crazy bastard like myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment