Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DP DA PRINCE


                                        http://www.reverbnation.com/dpdaprince
           This, right here is Dustin Person, aka DP da prince.  This guy is pretty creative and will leave you speechless after listening to his music.  He has definetely upped his game very quickly and is now performing at shows around La Crosse, WI.  This music artist has been affiliated with The Wrecking Crew, and has made songs with CUTTY CURRENCY.  This rapper is very talented.  I had a few questions for DP...

When did you find your inner talent in rapping?
      I wrote rhymes for a while before i actually started rapping. I always wanted to record music, but i never knew how to go about doing it. my first track i ever made was with the wrecking crew on their home computer. After that i just liked how i sounded and wanted to keep doing it.

When did you start rapping?
     I started rapping like 2 years ago. I heard about my cousin Cutty doing some shows, and i just e-mailed him and said "I want to make music" he said "fo sho" and i've been doing it since.

Tupac or Biggie?
      Honestly im not a big tupac or biggie fan, even though i know that they were both a big part of hip hop. I just listen to what catches my ear and what i think sounds nice.

Who is the most influential person you know?
     Personally i get influenced by almost everyone, whether its in a small or big way.


Do you have any enemies/haters in the rap game? Wanna give em a shout out?
I do have haters in this game, but I wont benefit them by saying their lame name though. Like I said in the song "yes", "Handle mine with these emcees, i call it hammer time" haha i love that shit.


What does rap mean to you?
     Rap means a lot to me. It might mean something different to others, but to me it means i get to express myself freely, and the better i get at doing that the more people will feel where i'm coming from and being able to vibe with me. You know. It also gives me a big dream to work for, yeah i know shit might not come from it, but it doesn't mean i'm not going to try. I will do this till i can't anymore, and that's it.

How does your music relate to your personal life and the struggles you have faced?
I just want people to feel me. You feel me? I don't rap about fake shit like some people, I try my best to make my situation, as plain as it may be or not be, sound more interesting than it is without lying. That's where creativity takes place. I'm new to the game but ask anybody, im evolving in this much quicker than most and as I do I keep getting more personal with who I am becoming.

Saturday night, where can i find you at(what you doin)?
       Haha, depends if I got some drank or not, or if i feel like staying home and writing some new tunes. I get in these moods where i would rather write than go out. That's just how much music means to me.

What is your motivation to rap? 
My motivation to rap is mostly my dreams and the fact that I do have people who do listen and if i could inspire somebody to do something that would be good enough for me. I'm definitely in it to win it though. 

What's next for DP? 
      Right now im working on an album with the wrecking crew called "feedback". I'm also starting to work on my next solo album which is untitled at the moment, and i'm always doing tracks with my cousin Cutty, Currency Music!!! I'm down to do a track with anyone as long as they aren't fake. I hate them.


Well folks, there you have it from DP himself.  Now get to his site and listen to his dope music!

No comments:

Post a Comment